Today is a verrrrry special day. On this day many, many years ago, my loving parents took an anxious trip to the hospital, huffed, puffed, pushed, and welcomed me to the world.
In honor of my birthday, I’m giving a crazy cool gift to one Temple of Glam Facebook fan: Shirley Johnson…congratulations! Email email@example.com and I’ll send your gift! If you’re not already a fan, become one here so you are in the Temple of Glam mix!
Maybe you want to get extra pretty for my special day. Ok maybe not. Well I got a few smokey eye tips from Makeup Artist, Rick DiCecca. The smokey eye is kinda perfect for your “Mean Girls” rendition of “Jingle Bell Rock“. Just sayin…
And Now…The Ultimate Smokey Eye:
1) Wait! Don’t put on your concealer or foundation until you’ve finished your smokey eye. That way, if there is any trace of liner or shadow, your concealer will ensure a bright eye.
2) Prep: Use a moisturizer under eyes and makeup primer from lashline to brow.
3) Using an eyeshadow quad like the NEW Estee Lauder Black Smoke Signature Eye Quad ($35): Apply a highlighter to your brow arch and inner eye corners. Then apply a deeper grey shade (like #3 in the quad) to your lid.
4) Apply a super dark, matte black eye liner (I’m fond of a cheapie like Wet n Wild for $.99) using short, deliberate strokes to upper and lower lashes. Think of this as your smoke-a-licious base. So get in there…smudge away!
5) Blend a dark grey (like #4 in the Estee Lauder quad) or black (like MAC eye shadow in Carbon $14.50) along lower and upper lashes.
6) Finally apply a dramatic mascara. I personally think DiorShow Black Out Mascara ($24) is perfect for smokey eyes.