Things I love? “Sailing” by Christopher Cross and old episodes of “Martin”. There are more things, of course, but for the purpose of this piece, I’m going to stop right there.
I attended the Things We Love Summer Sail the other day and I cannot (well, I can, but I won’t) stop raving about the fun I had.
First, I had the greatest table mates. Image courtesy of The Glamazon Diaries.
Second, upon boarding Atlantica yacht we were greeted with Bahama Mamas (and Papas?). In keeping with the Caribbean theme, we enjoyed a Mexican lunch and dessert (customized ice cream sandwiches from CoolHaus).
Third, we received a massive Lands’ End tote that was, like its contents, perfect for beach-y adventures. It was so heavy, in fact, it tipped over more than a couple of chairs when we went upstairs for dessert.
1. Dove Clear Tone Skin Renew Clinical Protection Deodorant, Available at Drugstore.com for $7.99
2. Echo Design Bikini Bags, Available at Zappos.com for $20
3. Ettika adjustable Neon Satin Cord with gold Faceted Beads, Available at Ettika.com for $40
4. Fekkai Summer Hair After Sun Daily Mask, Available at Fekkai.com for $25
5. Flywheel Giftcards, Available at Flysports.com for $30
6. Goody Quik Style Paddle Brush, Available at Target.com for $11.99
7. Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect Coconut Papaya After Sun Lotion, Available at Ulta.com for $6.79
8. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50, Available at Walgreens.com for $10.99
9. Lands’ End Natural Zip Totes in Melon, Available at LandsEnd.com for $35
10. Nest Fragrances Votive Candles, Available at Shop.NestFragrances.com for $14
11. OPI Holland Collection Polishes, Available at Amazon.com for $6.99
12. Philip B Katira Hair Masque, Available at PhilipB.com for $40
13. Reach Toothbrushes from the Jeff Lewis & Shoshanna Gruss Collections, Available at Amazon.com for $6.12
14. Sanuk Women’s Ibiza Stitch Sandals, Available at Sanuk.com for $20
15. Schick Hydro Silk for Women Razor, Available at Soap.com for $11.49
16. Sonia Kashuk Assorted Cosmetic Bags, Available at Target.com for $5.99-$24.99
17. Starbucks Refreshers Sparkling Green Coffee Energy Beverage, Available at Grocery stores nationwide for $1.99
18. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balms, Available at Target.com for $16
19. Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer, Available at TarteCosmetics.com for $37
20. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil, Available at UrbanDecay.com for $19
Right after we disembarked, we hung out at Chelsea Piers where Makeda cracked open her Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ Lotion Sunscreen. Available in SPF 15, 30, and 50 (yes, 50), we slathered it on and the raving began. It moisturizes and glides on to the skin (brown girls, we’ve all experienced chalk-colored sunscreen that just sits atop the skin). So that’s major. Plus, it contains all-natural shea butter.
Almost as soon as I walked into my apartment, I unzipped the tote and found a NEST Fragrances votive candle. The grapefruit scent was so intoxicating, I (literally) ran into my bedroom and placed it on my nightstand.
Here’s a pic of the Fekkai Hair Mask, Tarte Bronzer & Etrika bracelet (I slapped it on as soon as I saw its neon goodness).
Finally since outfit of the day seems to be “a thing” now, here’s how I rocked the boat (Yup, another Aaliyah reference).
While you’re here, enjoy the tranquil and melodic stylings of Mr. Christopher Cross. Love him.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hawaiian Tropic® Sun Care via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hawaiian Tropic. Hawaiian Tropic is a trademark of Tanning Research Laboratories, LLC.